Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grey


Today is a grey kind of day.
Not emotionally.
I am in a super relaxed, thankful mood today.
Not really inspired to put up holiday lights tho.
That means getting into the attic to hunt for boxes.
I am afraid I will have to unleash a mouse into the trash.
The weather, although supposed to be in the high fifties,
is grey.
I would feel more motivated if the sun was out.
The heater keeps kicking on.
I take this as a sign not to venture out yet.

In studying this morning, I had the word refocus on my heart.
So many areas of my life and the lives of others
that seem some redirection is needed.

I know for me, that I need to act immediately
when I have a thought of someone in my life.
Whether is be a card, or call or prayers for them.
If I don't act, then the probability that I will remember to act later,
is quite slim.

So, I am going to write an email to all my Shaffner family members.
Asking them to send me a current photo of them
and a portrait taken about 10-20 years ago.
I read in the Parade magazine today that people with dementia
have an easier time remembering if they can see and read the information.
I am going to make a family book for Mema.
We aren't doing gifts this year for Xmas.
We are playing dirty bingo.
No one needs anything and if they do, they usually get it themselves.
Food, games and fun.
Maybe I can find something "giving" for us all to do too!

Well, I have talked myself into getting busy!
I finished my Halloween weaving last night.
I will felt it today and post a pic.
I must also figure out my nano!
And I need to finalize the Thanksgiving menu and shopping list.
Ugh.
I am blessed!

No comments: