Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hunkering in for the winter


What is it with the fall time?
I know the sun is not shining as long,
which affects our sleep patterns.
The chill in the air, especially at night,
brings out the flannel sheets and electric blankets.
Knitting and fibery things are taking over my free time.
This cold/flu/infection has me digging in and doing not much.
Even Charlie seems to be napping more these days.

I ventured out this morning to Meijer for kleenex,
oj, and powdered sugar donuts....
comfort...come on!
I strolled down the milk isle.
What is with all these new creamer flavors?
Caramel Apple (the one I got),
eggnog,
peppermint,
white chocolate mudslide,
marshmallow cream,
vanilla caramel,
dark chocolate,
hazelnut (not for me, allergies),
gingerbread, and gingerbread latte,
sugar and spice,
Belgian chocolate truffle,
cinnamon bun....
and even skinny ones..caramel macchiatto, and vanilla latte.
I also ran across soy nog and pumpkin flavored soy milk!
(Which, being menopausal, soy is out for me too).

Isn't it way too easy to hibernate with mac and cheese,
fried zucchiniand garlic with evoo and pasta,
and some hot cocoa with marshmallows,
wearing slippers and a blanket on the couch,
candles lit, a little Xmas cd in the background?
Now we have to add all these tempting flavors that
further keep us away from the treadmill,
and yearning for coziness?

I wish you luck, my friends.
As for me,
I'm still recooperating from whatever illness is being thrown at me.
On the couch, Karen's sweater in hands, a peppermint mocha for company!
I am blessed.

1 comment:

Buffy Sue said...

The Caramel Apple one it awesome! Tate finished our bottle yesterday morning while I was gone!