Sunday, January 23, 2011

And then...


she invites me to Barnes and Noble!

No deep conversations.
We don't do that here.
Our time here is for soaking up words,
sharing inspiration and comfortable quietness.

We shared info on Jan Brett and
how she researches her children's' books,
Japanese monkeys that roll snowballs for fun,
Ice hotels....brrr. Don't think I could do this one!
Air plants in crystal ornaments,
and gossip about Nicole Kidman.
She shared some of her writing that brought tears to my eyes.
Golly I have been crying alot today!
Her memory of Maine and seeking shells,
watching the tide splash in on the cliffs,
and all the excitement and wonder that brought.


Made me realize that I have the past.
The present is a bit shaky,
but the future is full of possibility!
I am blessed.

No comments: