Friday, January 14, 2011

Weaving time


While weaving,
I have lots of time to think.
My back is to the television,
and when I am not overly concentrating on a pattern,
am I going up down
or down up this row?
My mind has time to mull over many topics.

Recently, I have been thinking about two main subjects.
How others see me, and What does my opinion matter anyway.

Over the past few months, I feel as though I have been seen
as a mother figure.
Yes, even to those who are near to my age.
I don't know whether it is because of my care ministry,
providing meals to those in need,
or that my kids have grown and flown the coop.
Sometimes even the way folks look at me when talking to me
gives me a matronly feeling.
I don't mind, actually I kind of like it.
I am not wise by any means, but do have a few experiences.
God grant me the words if I am asked....anything.

Now about my opinion mattering...
Lots of things are happening around me.
I am usually oblivious of current events,
but people close to me are struggling.

My sister gave me a valuable insight
in the matter of people in my girls' lives.
I don't have to like them.
It doesn't really matter to me if these folks are....
for lack of a better phrase...
not good enough for my daughters.

Nothing I say will change any behavior or personality problems.
The sole decision belongs to each of my girls.
Hopefully I have raised them to know how valuable they are
to me, to God, to their father and to people around them.

Yes, my girls each have their own little quirks and baggage,
probably because of things I did to them in their childhood...lol
but they each are wonderful, bright, caring, charming girls.

So I trust their judgement.
I pray that they can see their situations and relationships
in a way that is healthy and in their best interest.
That they can look into the long term
and make the correct short term decisions.

In another area, I see the selfishness that saddens me.
Hate and selfishness only lead to more of the same.
It is so easy to be generous and have humility and serve.
In fact, these actions bring contentment and joy,
where the opposite brings frustration and misery.
Am I supposed to offer my opinions in this area,
or just pray diligently that these folks will see the truth
and act on it?
I must admit that I became quite upset at someone who I treasure yesterday,
because of the selfishness I don't usually see.

So, as I weave some more,
more thoughts will come.
Maybe I should just plug in the nano
and sing away the hours?!

1 comment:

mom of 7 said...

Dear Kris, Since I am one of the people that told you that I wish you were my Mother, even though we are close in age....here is why. You exude love and are the epitome of what I think a Mom should be. You are always giving and thinking of others and I am thrilled that I know you! So as you say in your blog...yes, you are blessed. But, we are blessed to know you!
Love, Melissa