Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Icicles


I was helping my dad in my garage today.
It has started snowing again.
It is about 25 degrees outside.
We must have at least 30 inches of snow
on the ground.
It is 65 degrees in my house.

I poked my head out the door
after Dad finished snow blowing.
He said he was going to move a bench.

I went out to help.
I was wearing jeans, long sleeve t-shirt
and sweat jacket.

When we finished, I came inside... cold...!
But only parts of me were numb.
Fingers and nose.
I can't feel my feet anyway...
which I consider a blessing on cold days.
Got me to wondering.
Is it menopause that causes only my extremities
to get cold, or is this everyone?

It is on days like these
that I am glad of the extra padding!

1 comment:

Buffy Sue said...

I think it is everyone....I get that way sometimes. My fingers get very cold, along with my toes!