Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lost art of visiting



I just spent the week with my younger sister
and her two teenagers...17 yo boy and 15 yo daughter.
If you have known me for long,
you know that my sister and I have had
a rocky relationship the past few years.

I believe this was mainly from lack of understanding
and acceptance of each other for a while.
A few months ago we decided to let by gones be by gones.
My Boundaries study has helped me alot with that too.

I have learned that my life is my life.
I am in charge of what I decide to do and not to do.
This is true for my sister too.
This is true of us all.
Oh, I may not agree with your choices,
but they are your choices.
Get over it Kris.

This snow covered week was a wonderful start.
The kids are great and I really got to enjoy being with them.
There really hasn't been much of a chance to do that .. ever.
We played games almost every night.
We laughed so hard when we played catch phrase.
We are a pretty funny family!

I also learned that, although my sis and I
have different views on some things,
we are sisters.
We say the same things at the same time,
we notice the same goofs on movies,
we have similar brain freezes,
and we look alot alike.

The three girls knit and crocheted all week.
My sis started to learn to knit on a cowl.
She carded and had me spin some wool with angelina sparkle in it
to finish her cowl!
And then she learned to knit on double pointed needles
for mittens.

The nephew snow blowed us out many days.
He has a bad cold now, I'm sure because of it.
Sorry dude!
And we even spent some time with the parents and mema.
Yes, I have some clothing missing....
but that is par for the course.
They will turn up!
The house is so quiet.
Charlie keeps walking from room to room looking for my niece.
Her head makes a nice pillow!

Bonding takes extended time of doing nothing much.
This is missing in this busy world of ours.
I am blessed for the time and the snow!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

:) i am so happy you had a good time. funny how things change and our hearts soften over time! love you