Tuesday, July 27, 2010

weakness


I am so encouraged by the weaknesses of those around me
and how they share and deal with it!
Sometimes a situation can pull you into the depths
so far that you do not understand.
You think you will never see the surface again.
I have been there.
However, these people around me know Christ and never stay down long!
And the situations always get better!

Now, there are some who would say that you pulled yourself up on your own
and worked out the problem.
No need for God at all.
And honestly, I have followed Christ for so long,
that I don't remember doing it by myself.

I do know that you can only handle so much yourself.
Most of the time screwing it up along the way!
Christ centers my thinking when I finally stop trying.
I really need to go to Him first more often!!

One of the biggest things that God does, I have found,
is to send people into your life.
Either you think of them and take the step of faith to reach out,
Or they reach out to you because of God's prompting!
Hang onto these people.
Don't delay, but act immediately!
If someone writes a blog that touches your heart, respond.
If you see someone at the store that doesn't see you,
make it a point to find them.
If you have worries running through your head
and someone pops into your thoughts,
call them immediately.

Never be embarrassed.
We have all been there one way or another,
and Christ has suffered it all for us.
He was laughed at, run out of town, betrayed by friends, depended on others for food and shelter, frustrated and angry.
He was even beaten and died painfully for us.
There is understanding there.

And for those of you thriving...
keep your heads up and ears open to God's voice too.
We all need good stories and experiences of others to get us through.
We need you to share your lives with us, so we don't feel all alone.
Most of the time we just need you to stand beside us,
not saying anything.

If there is someone on your heart, send them a card...
or flowers or take them to lunch.

I think that is one of the greatest of gifts that God has given us.
Brothers and sisters in Him.
Accepting us for our faults and sins,
folks who will keep us accountable.
For even sharing the smallest of worries with another,
sets Satan back a few paces and reminds him and us who is really in control!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I can always count on you for wisdom! :)