Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hustle and Bustle


Saturdays for me, should not be any different than any other day.
Shouldn't be.
I seem to have a mind set that Saturdays
are for doing the things that you normally don't do.

When the kids were little, I would wake early on a Saturday
and my mind would be whirling with what adventures would find us.
For some reason, we hardly ever planned the night before.
Some days we would pack a lunch and head to the beach,
or Potato Creek State park, or the dunes in Michigan City.
Some days we went to Brookfield Zoo.
One time we just started driving and wound up in the country, with a picnic.

Terry was never a good morning person,
and with my brain going ninty to nothing,
I'm sure it got quite frustrating.

Now, with Terry driving,
and the kids both out of the house and working all the time,
my mind has slowed a bit.
A BIT!
I still find weekends full of possibilities.

The weather today is wonderful.
I have a party tomorrow for stamping and tasting.
So cleaning is on my list today.
But not much.
Had breakfast coffee with V this morning.
Not thrilled with Caribou coffee, but hey...it's coffee.
Had lunch with the girly girls, which is always wonderful.
However, it does take a big chunk out of my Saturday...
which throws me off a bit.
We used to meet in the evening once a week,
which let me unwind a bit at the end of the day.

Half the day is now gone! Where did it go?

So, I made some dips for tomorrow, then my folks came over.
They are looking for a needlepoint picture and think it is in my attic.
All their lost stuff is always in my attic...
SO I trudge upstairs and go through the endless boxes
and do not find what they are looking for.
At least when they move this December, my attic will be free again!
AHHHHH
Now the day is really gone.

Guess I'll finish painting next week, Monday through Friday,
when I do not make any plans.

Spinning the Halloween batts may make it on my list today!

No comments: