Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pink Ribbon Diet


After my mammogram scare,
I decided that NOW was the time to get healthy,
beat the odds, lose that weight
and live as long and as healthy as I can!

Blood test results were very favorable.
A1C levels are better than they have been in four years.
That's a diabetic thing...
And I lost 11 pounds since last seeing Doc.
I told him I wanted to be off all of my meds in a year..
six months was preferable.

I know that God is crazy in love with me,
and has wonderful things planned for the rest of my life.
I wanna get outta that boat when He tells me to,
and walk across the water with Him,

This means I will be healthier and more ready when He calls.

Today I had a broccoli and cheese wrap on a spinach wrap.
Last night I made whole wheat pasta with cannelloni beans,
spinach and some of my canned tomatoes.
It was delicious.
Oh...did I mention that everything is drenched in olive oil!
I feel drippy.

I have thrown out all sugars, junk food, soy milk...
before menopause, soy is good for cancer fighting,
after menopause it promotes breast cancer.

I am eating more fresh veggies than I have ever eaten in my life!
Please pray that I will stick with this.
It is really hard when coffee and scones are a part of daily life.
When shopping today, all of the chocolate was calling my name.
I picked up a milky way and put it back down.
Instead I bought some green apple tic tacs!
I must buy stock in them!

Someday soon, Charlie will be able to walk a whole mile, and maybe two.
We like to walk together, so that is a plus!

Bye bye Belly!
Bye bye cancer!
Bye bye meds!

Hello regularity!
Hello energy!
Hello skinny clothes!

No comments: