Sunday, October 10, 2010

Year 500, Day 1


I'm not in the middle of the 500 years waiting on the Lord.
I'm walking into the Jordan with my water wings on.
I am standing at the top of a small hill,
looking West and smiling.
God does keep His promises.
It was good to be reminded of that today.
Oh, I still see many larger hills in the distance,
but for right now I am flying with the eagles.

I was reminded today of how many promises God has kept this week.

Ask and it shall be given.
Where two or more are together, I shall be there also.
Serving others prepares you to lead.
Victory occurs when you let God fight your battles.
Guidance from God for daily living comes from His Word.
Don't wait until you are without hope to cry out to God.
Faithfulness in the little things will prepare me for greater tasks from God.

I over did it a bit yesterday with all the ceiling painting.
I forgot how hard that is on your shoulders and neck.
Today I carded six batts of Halloween inspired wool!
However, I was standing all day whilst carding.

Greeted at Living Stones Church evening service,
and stupidly decided to wear a summer dress.
Oh, this was ok, because our Indian Summer was 85 degrees today.
No, because of the dress, I couldn't wear the big pink crocs.
I put on my sandals with orthotics that I am really unsure of.
Now my feet are swollen and hurting.
Ice and rest tonight and tomorrow.
God's little way to tell me to slow down.

I get it.
Thanks God.
Maybe I can get a big chunk of Karen's sweater done.

Loving my life and all it's ups and downs.
And right now it looks like ups for a bit.
I, however am preparing for the next round whenever it may come.
Being strong and courageous.
I can tackle anything with God.
Mainly because He is the one tackling it.
Me standing behind Him.

No comments: