Wednesday, August 25, 2010

dumb foot.




(tiny split on left middle of right xray is break)
My left foot hurts.
Get ready....pity party coming.
It doesn't happen often, but my dear friends,
it does happen.
I am not happy all the time,
but most of the time I am.

I'm a bit afraid now.
Saw a new doc and at least he watched me walk down the hall twice.
Yes, I did tip over a few times.
Not very good balance.
He seemed to know right away that I have charcot syndrome.
And after xrays, a broken left foot.
But because I haven't been able to feel my feet in over ten years,
that doesn't mean much to me.
However, this syndrome, at first blush seems a bit more .... more.
If what I am reading correctly, it is lumped into MDA.
I could possibly be a Jerry's KID!
You have no idea how much this at least cheers me.
Not a muscle problem, and no dying from this.
It is the nerves/bones and tendons in my feet that are affected.

Going for blood work tomorrow and will put a call into the doc
to see if I am on the right track, or scaring myself.

He said to walk etc, but the literature says not to.

I know that no matter what, I am in God's hands and He will get me through it all.
He has gotten me through so much already.
Thankfully it is usually only one thing at a time.

Hubby is very supportive and I am still going to Seattle in September!
New orthotics on the way, I hope!

Boo Hoo for me.
Now time to move on!
I am blessed

2 comments:

mom of 7 said...

Kris, I am so sorry that you are going through this...but if I have learned anything, it is that it is normal and healthy to "grieve" a health problem...I think that it is worse to bottle it all in....so, it is fine to have your pity party, and then you count your blessings and carry on...Our prayers are with you...

boilingmarigolds.blogspot.com said...

Smart doctors are so dumb!
Go research this syndrome you have.
Did you know that there are different types of Charcot syndrome? Did he tell me that?!
I DO NOT have a form of MDA.
I have diabetic charcot. Which I still need to be careful of, but PHEW!
Thank you for your prayers!
I am a bit disappointed that I won't be one of Jerry's Kids. Maybe when I watch the marathon, I can pretend just a bit.
I hope that doesn't sound disrespectful....I just really like Jerry!