Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meals on wheels!!!


Since I have lived in an empty nest for over a year,
my eating habits have changed drastically.
Well, my cooking habits.
Yes, I have been dieting too....
slowly going down, and not gaining!
It just seems easier for a single person to eat out.

I go to salad on Wednesdays with my girly girl friends.

Breakfast on Mondays with Veronica is always a treat...
even if it is brunch at panera.

Hil and I usually eat out once...
Logans anything and everything salad is a favorite.

We have family dinner on Sunday evenings with my parents,
mema and any boyfriends that are in town!

Once in a while, the girls and I will cook meals for a week.
That is so much fun.

I love to grill out almost anything if it's not too hot or mosquitoie.
Coffee on the porch in the early morning watching the birds in the garden,
and reading and studying is pure heaven.

Which leads me to today.
With the care ministry, my team and I make meals for members recently out of the hospital, who have just had babies, or are in need of some kind.
I love taking the first meals.
Especially to the new babies!

It is these time that I love to cook.
I love my kitchen for this reason only.
I think that is why we were able to remodel it right before attending Living Stones.
I have a few favorite things I like to make, especially in season!
I always make a serving or two for me also.
And I usually make enough to freeze
or find another family who needs a meal at the same time.

I have the best team in the world...too.
They are the best cooks.
When Terry and I were on vacation,
we had a church baby born early,
and a member whose hubby was in the hospital.
I coordinated by facebook and email from the road.
It went so smoothly!

Today I am exhausted!
Such a goooood tired!
Delivering meals in an hour.
Yoga tonight at 7:30.
Think I may fall asleep tonight in class!

No comments: