Sunday, August 1, 2010

struggling


This feels kinda like a struggling day.

I was very sleepy all day yesterday, but made myself be sort of productive.
Woke early to the alarm and headed off to church.
I had made three meals for three families at church
and I was a bit worried about seeing all of them to remind them to get their meals.

P.S. If there is taco soup and squash casserole there tomorrow,
I hope the church staff enjoys!

Tonight is family dinner and my mom is in a funky mood.
Hope I don't have to end dinner abruptly.

Anyway...it seems like Satan and the world are attacking our lil church family right now.
Not in big ways, but big enough.

Pastor Sam was ill this morning.
A member's father passed away last week.
There was an accident lasts night, that injured a member badly.
Another member had pneumonia and is recooperating after a very rough week.
He is in the nursing home for 25 days.
One friend's mother has cancer and will decide tomorrow how much treatment is needed.
One friend's mother has MLS and they are all very upset.
One friend's husband is in the hospital with a bad staff infection.
One friend's mother has autoimmune disease that is attacking her liver.
One friend's husband is underemployed and they are struggling.
One friend is struggling with her faith.

And these are just what I know about now.

Alright Jesus!
You can tackle anything and I am asking you to tackle all of this.
Use me as you will in these situations.
Keep my energy and disposition up and focused.

I have begun a specific daily prayer time that I will not sway from.
I have never done this before.
It is difficult to focus.
I am keeping my eye on God though and He will see me through.
I believe in the power of prayer.
I believe that God wants to give us our hearts desires.
We only have to ask.
I am asking Father.
Specifically.
I have faith in you!

I feel better already!

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

There are some monday mornings, when the prayer requests come out, that I just cry because of all the heart felt prayer request from our church family. I know how much HE can do, and I have faith HE will do it all!!!!