Saturday, August 14, 2010

KOOL AID!



I should be in the kitchen canning all of my bounty today.
Picked over a dozen okra...
sneaky little buggers grow 3 inches over night!
Picked ten tomatoes
and with the other twenty three I have ripening already,
I better decide if I will can tomatos, salsa, or juice.
Maybe salsa since I picked two green peppers and seven hot peppers.
The yellow squash has petered out a bit...yea
and the zucchini looks kinda pitiful this year.
Cantaloupe next week and I did discover a watermelon!
I truly love gardening.
Again...will be feasting this winter!

I suddenly got into a fall mood tho.
Fall meaning the colors for spinning.
I went a bought some Kool Aid today...
the lady thought I was a kindergarten teacher!
Looking forward to mixing the colors and dyeing some roving!
Oranges, reds, purples, greens, greys, and browns.
Also got some cheesecloth to begin dyeing with my avocados and walnut shells.
I'll post photos when they get done in the next two weeks.
Not really looking forward to the smells of those last two~!
Maybe I should do Kool Aid at the same time....cancel each other out?!

OK.OK.. off to can!
Have a glorious day!

No comments: