Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Goodness....I've been heavy!


I spent most of the day yesterday lounging.
Woke up at 4:30 am, and instead of just laying in bed,
I got up and spun.
Then I went back to bed until 10.
Made myself some blueberry pancakes.

The rest of the day was spent, carding and spinning.
I really enjoyed the day because some really great movies were playing on tv.
You know the kinds....ones you have seen a million times.
You only have to look up every once in a while, to see the best parts.

It started with Lara Croft, then Star Troopers, then Twister,
(I love Twister because not so secretly,
I would really like to be a tornado chaser!)
then Men in Black, then Princess Bride, and Fifth Element...only to name a few.
No, I didn't spend the whole day watching all of these movies,
and I did flip around and not see all of them in their entirety.

I did get 200 yards of colorful yarn carded and spun.
I did walk Charlie around the block.
I did pick and freeze a dozen okra.
I canned one pint of green beans.


But it was a nice day to do nothing!
No worries.
Went to dinner with V at Bonefish.
How I have grown to love raw fish!
The ahie tuna is amazing!
And I tried the new key lime with raspberries cold stone.
Very refreshing!

And I did sleep like a log.
Well, on that matter I am afraid to get up in the middle of the night.
I have a new security system that has a motion detector in the hall.
Yup. Right outside my bedroom door.
I make sure all my business is taken care of before I set the thing.
And I lay very still!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Kristen Ortner said...

:-) You make me smile!