Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tea


I have started drinking hot tea instead of coffee.
I began drinking coffee on my honeymoon in New Orleans.
So now, when I drink coffee...it has to be very strong,
and have lots of cream in it.
And I mean lots.....like half cream.
No fru fru creamora, powdered or flavored stuff.
Half and Half.
Possibly heavy whipping cream if no half and half is available.

This is the main reason for tea.
Slowing down on the cream.
Because, let's face it.
When you have coffee, you really want pie or a donut to go along with it!

When I was at Barnes and Nobles this week, I bought a nifty little tea carafe.
It is a tea strainer, steeper, thermos thingy.
I learned that you put the tea leaves/or bag into the main thermos.
Pour hot or cold water in it.
Put the strainer on, then the cap.
One drinks through the strainer that filters out the tea leaves.
How fun is that?!

I even had to take a trip to Saugatuck to the Spice store for loose tea leaves.
How decadent am I?
Orange Passion fruit, Paris, Blueberry blend, and Cocoa Cardamom.
I really have been enjoying this.
I slipped my lime green Thermos into my purse when going to a movie too.

No comments: