Friday, August 13, 2010

makin money


Yup,
I did it.
I made $51.00 spinning roving for a friend of my aunt's.
It was fun.
I never know what to charge, so
most of the time I give my work away.
Stupid, I know.
My time is valuable.
Have another friend who spins for folks
and charges $3.00 an ounce.
That's what I did and it went well.

I am so excited for next week when I travel to Allegan Michigan.
Fiber Festival.
I am taking a continuous strand weaving class.
No warping or shuttles for me.
I am hoping to make shawls, scarves, table runners, etc
with my homespun and making a bit of a profit there.

Am also planning on attending a master spinners class in November.
It is a 5 year program.
Whoot whoot!

Funny what one sale can do!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Not stupid. I would always rather give things away than charge for them. It shows a beautiful heart, and we know God loves a cheerful giver!