Friday, December 31, 2010

And Spring pokes it's little head out for a day!


What a strange and wonderful day today turned out to be!
Temps in the fifties and rainy.
Reminds me so of Seattle!
I've cleaned and organized the dining room
and spare bedroom...now workout room.

I sat in the parking lot of Kroger's for half an hour today.
Listening to the rain and thunder,
I was wishing I could be in a huge, heated bubble.
With the rain pelting down all around me.
It's lovely seeing the grass and plants again.

However, there is a lively little woodpecker
pecking around in my gutter above my family room.
Does he not realize this disturbs the peace in my home?
I suppose I need to get more suet out for him.
The darn grackles have been hoarding out there again tho.
Safflower seed coming!

I am so looking forward to a new year.
I was asked a question today:
What is God calling you to do with Him?
Honestly, I don't know right now.
I seem to be in a protective, self healing,
separate kind of mood these days.
I am also doubting these previous feeling and
that maybe there is something God wants from me,
but Satan is using my selfishness to block His efforts.
Will be praying and seeking out His plans.
Maybe I do need to heal and focus on me a bit.
Just a bit.
I read that when the Holy Spirit strikes,
it is best to act right away, because the longer you wait,
the more selfishness takes over.

There are thank you letters I need to write to folks
for their support when Mom B passed away.
There are babies growing and about to be born.
So I must prepare some rotations for their mommies' meals.
The family room needs to be finished.
And I have lots of wool to spin!

There is a vintage and handmade arts show
April 10 at the Elks Lodge.
I think I would really like to make up a bunch of yarn
and try to sell it.
But pricing......? UGH.

There are things that need to be said,
but I am so afraid to say them.
I am not sure how to say these things
so that my words will be heard in the manner
that they are ment.

Heb 10:38 says that My righteous one will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him.

I am faced now with pressing forward
or drawing back.

I know how much I have to lose,
but I see how much I have to gain,
and that is what I want to focus on!

I am blessed.
If not with words,
then with faith that the right words will come
when they need to.
If they need to.

No comments: