Friday, December 10, 2010

Off with a BANG!


Jumped on the total gym while the cookies were baking...
signed Christmas cards,
taking Mema to the salon for her weekly pampering with Hilary.

Read in study this morning about Martha and Mary.
I must admit that I am Martha.
I also have the heart of Mary.
Study said that it was Martha's invite to Jesus to come to her home.
Not the head of the house, Lazarus.
Not Mary, the depth of the house.
It was the hands of the house.
And she prepared everything and Jesus was comfortable,
and able to teach those around who were also invited.

I have learned that I can be prepared....
and then stop and listen attentively.
It's all in the preparedness.

Now, I do rush around madly for days ahead of time.
But I try to start each morning with study, and quiet.
Before facebook. or emails, or breakfast.

I learned this from a dear friend.
When you come out of bed in the morning,
imagine Jesus sitting at the table wishing you a good morning.
It is up to you to ignore Him, and hustle about your day
or share your first moments with Him.
He will be there patiently waiting
no matter what you choose.

Thanks Kimberly!
I am blessed,
because I choose to receive all the love
that Christ lavishly has for me!

No comments: