Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chipper


Yes.
I was called chipper tonight.
Like it is a bad thing!
Yes.
I annoy my children and family lots of times,
with my chipperness.
Tonight I actually annoyed my pastor.
But, I had an amazing time tonight
handing out cocoa and cookies
under a tarp while it was raining!

I met some really cool people,
who were excited to be helping...even in the rain.
There were great conversations going on...
around the fires, and in the stable
with Mary Joseph and Santa!
The kids were loving it!
And yes, the weather was an easy topic to break the ice.
Sarah was eager to please and even wore a coat tonight.
What a trooper!
Ed was the biggest help and carried the Styrofoam cups for me
while I lugged 10 gallons of cocoa out in a red wagon!
Thanks Ed.
Yes, I will teach Melissa to make you a sweater!

I suppose this is why I love nights and activities like tonight.
People make connections,
It shows the neighbors that we will be there for them
even in the not so perfect situations.
We are stepping up to the plate and ready to swing!

Yes.
Way too chipper.
Way too happy tonight.
My apologies.

Nah. Suck it up!
It was a great night!

Jennae...great job!
I am blessed!
Abundantly!

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

this makes me smile! i had a blast too! :)