Thursday, December 23, 2010

Be careful what you pray for...



...for you shall surely get it!
IN SPADES!

I must admit that I was pretty stressed out
by going to Alabama for my mother in law's funeral.
It really surprised me
that she was as sick as she was.
When my father in law died eight years ago,
she was ready to follow him then.
Even though Mom was only 77 years old,
there really was nothing wrong with her.
She wanted to be done with this earthly existence.

I've said before that I don't have the best relationship
with the "other side".
I asked everyone for prayers to keep everything peaceful,
no arguments, no inappropriate comments, no hateful looks.
And to keep my tongue in it's place.

Well, before I left, I had a sore throat.
By the time we got to Alabama,
twelve hours later,
I had laryngitis.
The whole time we were there.
Oh, I tried to talk, and whispered loudly,
and am going to the doctor today after returning home.
I never felt badly.
Just couldn't talk.

Funny how God answers prayers.
REALLY FUNNY!
HA HA
I know that His way is always the best answer.
I, myself, would never have thought of laryngitis!
Okie mc smokey, skiddley doo!

As it turned out, it was a small funeral.
Lots of Terry's cousins and old friends were there.
Let's be honest....every one there was a cousin! LOL

The girls had a blast with their brother Andrew.
Terry and I so enjoyed listening to them laughing and being happy.
I believe that's one of the things God intends
when He takes one of His own back to Him.
That family gets together to share funny and sad memories.
I wish that the WHOLE family could have shared like that.
They are funny about anyone but BLOOD relatives.
I was grateful for the time that was given to my family though.

I was able to spend a good bit of time with two very dear friends.
They are so welcoming!
There is something special about the Southern people!

Both my girls were amazing! Beautiful.
Classy and so grown up.
We lived there twelve years ago
and it has been eight years since the girls have been back.
No one there seems to have changed.
They all loved seeing the girls.
And seeing how they have grown into women.
I knew they would.
Going home.
Nice.

Back to reality after a whirlwind trip full of emotion.
My girls drove all 1500 miles but for an hour.
They are such troopers.
I am so proud of them.
That prayer was answered too.

I am proud of Terry that he is such a wonderful father
and husband and brother and son and friend.
He works so hard for us all.
Thanks honey.

Yes, Charlie survived.
I was worried for a bit, but he greeted me as normal
and is sleeping now on the couch.

I loved seeing all the nephews and nieces,
even if we didn't have much to say to one another.
The great nephew is a true blessing.
I am off to hunt for the other three Kinex to complete his set.
The grandbabies' gifts are with their daddy
on the way back to Texas.
No post office drama or expence for us!

And Terry will be on his way to Canada Friday.
At least we got to spend two wonderful days as a whole family.
We are blessed.
Thanks God for your choices and answers to our prayers.
And thank you friends for your prayers.

No comments: