Thursday, December 9, 2010

yummy rich colors!



Making some cookies for church today.
I had trouble with the peanut butter kiss cookies.
I am allergic to peanut butter.
So neither I, nor my children have had these staple cookie
most of you take for granted.
I don't know why I chose to make them.
I think I found a good recipe online.
However after cooking the recommended 10 minutes,
they looked raw to me.
I cooked them another 7 minutes before removing them from the oven.
I stuck the little kisses into each center
and waited for them to cool.
What I was waiting for, I don't know.
Not like I could taste them.
No offers from facebook proved worthwhile in sampling.
Hope they are good.

One of my dreams...ah...death bed wish...
is to try a Reece's peanut butter cup.
Or a big spoonful of extra creamy peanut butter.
It smells and looks wonderful!
Sunflower and soy butter are ok...but just don't quite come close,
or so I am told.

Some slice n bake and some candy cane cookies, round out my baking.

I dyed some Icelandic yesterday and it turned out so luscious!
Brightened my spirits right away.
I'm going to try some drum carding and spinning this weekend.
I bought the new copy of Spin In Magazine today and plan on
making a nice cuppa tea and devouring every word.

Can you tell I'm on a diet this week?
Everything seems to revolve around comforting foody words.
I am blessed.

2 comments:

Buffy Sue said...

I love the colors! And the cookies look good too :)

Hilary said...

peanut butter cookies were a success. I myself have never had one untill yesterday, but they were awesome! Good Job! Not to mention the amazing colors you created. So awesome! I would call that a pretty productive day!